Safeguarding Children is Everybody’s Responsibility. It promotes the welfare of children is defined as: protecting children from maltreatment; preventing impairment of children’s health or development; ensuring that children grow up in circumstances consistent with the provision of safe and effective care; and taking action to enable all children to have the best outcomes.
View and download
It’s not just about protecting children from deliberate harm, it also relates to a range of other aspects of care and education including:
- childrens health and safety and well-being, including their mental health
- meeting ‘the needs of children who have SEND
- the use of reasonable force
- meeting the needs of children with medical conditions
- providing first aid
- educational visits
- intimate care
- online safety and associated issues
- appropriate arrangements to ensure children’s security, taking into account the local context.
Safeguarding information for Belthorn Academy is below in PDF format and can be downloaded.
Advice for Parents and Carers on Cyberbullying
DBS Checking Policy
Drug & Alcohol Policy
ICT Acceptable Use Policy
Online Safety Policy
Safeguarding (Appendix Covid 19)
Addendum to Child Protection Policy COVID-19 school reopening arrangements for Safeguarding and Child Protection